High Court Of Delhi
Zarmina Israr Khan vs.Union of India
C. Hari Shankar, J.
W.P. (C) No. 6034 Of 2017
July 18, 2017
CM No.25062/2017 (exemption)
Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
CM stands disposed of.
1. Given the submissions made by the learned counsel for the petitioner enclosing the statistics regarding availability of sanitary napkins to women is a dire need, the matter books no delay and deserves to be heard.
2. Issue notice to show cause as to why rule nisi be not issued.
3. Counter affidavit be filed within four weeks from today. Rejoinder thereto, if any, be filed before the next date of hearing.
4. Mr. George has placed a copy of the Press Note issued by the Press Information Bureau dated 10.07.2017 and the same is taken on record.
5. In case the petitioner so deems, he may place three pages summary of the writ petition to the learned standing counsel for the respondent who shall place the same to the Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Government of India within two days from today to look into the same.